I am so excited to bring to you this month’s feature! Obviously I am a huge skinthusiast! Though I am not an expert, not an esthetician, I think it’s safe to say I know my way around skincare. I am constantly learning about skincare, what goes in it, what it does, what hidden ingredients are in there, what potential ingredients are in our products…
What is Moon Beings?
Let’s start from the beginning. Moon Beings was started by a woman named Melanie Tritt, who suffered from an autoimmune disease skin condition for years, experiencing intolerance to most ingredients in cosmetics and in skincare. Long story short, after years of looking for some healing and relief, she spent years trying steroids, ice packs and every product on the market. She spent years of research, working with estheticians combined with testing, she set out to create her own products.
At Moon Beings, their mission is to provide the best quality skincare products for you and the environment too. This means high quality vegan, non toxic, cruelty free, highly effective ingredients with productionn methods that reduce manufacturing waste. They carry low footprint packaging in glass, and even offers a recycling program for all their products! All you have to do is just send them an email when you’re ready to return the bottles, and they’ll email you a paid postage for you to send back your bottle! Or, you can refill your foaming pumps by ordering a glass refill.
Moon Beings (and frankly myself too) are on a mission for healthy skin, not perfect skin! Moon Beings doesn’t believe there is such thing as “perfect skin”. They also believe in generosity, equality, trust, and change. Moon Beings believes that we all live on this earth, we look up, and we see the same moon. This moon is the one that runs our tides, our planet, affecting every human on planet earth – this unites us all. Hence their ethos statement, “One Moon. All Beings”
An In Depth Look of the Celestial C Stem Cell Serum
I was among the few that were lucky enough to get sent this product before launch to test, and let me tell you… I am blown away by the transparency from not only this product, but this brand! Melanie is a sweetheart, she is extremely knowledgeable and it shows through her products! We connected through Instagram (gotta love the power of social media!) and I am beyond thrilled about that! Let’s dive right in!
About this Product
The Moon Beings Celestial C Stem Cell Serum is the newest vitamin C-like serum in the market. Yes, that’s right, it’s a vitamin C-like product. Packed with Blood Orange, Squalane, Aloe Vera, Grapefruit, Frankinscence, C Stem Cells, and more!
The most potent form of Vitamin C is L-ascorbic acid, which can be extremely irritating to the skin, comprising the skin’s barrier, sold as an add-on, or packed with a nice humectant to soften “the blow” to your face. C Stem Cells are an alternative to L-Abscorbic Acid. As Melanie notes from a conversation of ours, “scientifically there is no evidence to support plant stem cells making any difference in skin care other than that it being a super antioxidant. However, there are some formulations such as ours, where the creation of a c-stem includes the plant peptide within the extraction and creation. Still, in science, and in formulation, that peptide and c-stem does not survive total extraction process and oxidizes every time you open the bottle.”
Melanie opted to not use l-ascorbic due to the known sensitivities associated with it, and knew she would be able to create a c-resemblance benefit by using blood orange with the right formulation.
This product offers numerous benefits, and are not limited to:
- eradicate dermatitis
- improve skin texture
- formulated without fillers, parabens & acrylates
- great for any skin type
About the Ingredients
Blood Orange is high in Anthocyanins, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and Folic Acid. Which offer numerous benefits in itself, mimicking the response you’d be looking for in an L-Ascorbic acid, or Vitamin C product. In fact, it can penetrate further through the epidermis, retaining within the skin cells longer and can produce a more effective benefit than l-ascorbic solely. Naturally rich in polyphenols, this is known to increase circulation, collagen production, ease breakouts, inflammation and improve skin tone.
- Anthocyanins: anti-diabetic, anti cancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti microbial, and helps to prevent cardiovasculalr diseases. Helps to protect against UV skin damage by inactivating highly reactive molecules such as free radicals formed during sun exposure, which starts a chain reaction to producing significant cell and tissue damage.
- Vitamin C: antioxidant, meaning protects skin cells from damaging free radicals caused by UV exposure, inhibits melanin production in the skin, helps lighten hyperpigmentation and brown spots, even out skin tone, enhance radiance
- Vitamin A: helps speed healing, prevent breakouts, support skin’s immune system, promotes natural moisturizing, promote and maintain healthy dermis and epidermis, normalize cell function, normalize appearance of pigmentation
- Folic Acid: helps facilitate the development of healthy skin cells, fight premature aging, increase production of collagen for firmer and more toned skin
This serum is also packed with a base of Aloe and Squalane to provide a nutritive humectant, a barrier protection allowing for every skin type to be able to use it, but still achieve the major benefits.
- Aloe: contains antioxidants, enzymes, Vitamin A and C, highly anti-inflammatory; treats burns, acne and dry skin
- Squalane: Mimics your skin’s natural oils, natural antioxidant and has anti-tumor properties, protecting your skin from carinogens. Fights skin damage, free radicals, detoxifier, boosts collagen production, noncomedogenic, penetrates pores and improves skin on cellular levels, anti-inflammatory properties (great for reducing redness and swelling, acne, dermatitis, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema)
Things to Consider
- Quality and Affordability
Currently in the skincare market, you’d have to pay much more for products to achieve great results, in comparison to paying for 1 bottle of what the Celestial C delivers.
Moon Beings eliminates that need by creating the perfect formulation, making it affordable to the masses. Moon Beings strives to create products formulated to their superior ability without any fillers, parabens, and acrylates. They believe that you should have the best formulation, with the science behind it, and at a cost that’s a fraction of what other brands offer.
- What else are you using with Vitamin C/C-like Products?
Consumers need to be more educated with their skincare. It’s important to be educated because applying too much on the skin can actually be very damaging. You’re risking products cancelling each other out, along with bad side effects like burns, increased sensitivities, and more! Ultimately, this ties in with the previous point, the more you use doesn’t necessarily mean the better! Spend the time to research the company in which you are choosing to purchase them. Turn and read the labels!
It’s advised to consider what you are using on your face. Do the products work well together? There are ingredients out there you cannot be mixing together, some work well together, whereas some might just depend on your skin. As Melanie points out, “there is a place and purpose! I just suggest beware and be careful!”
That’s all folks,
Hope you enjoyed this breakdown of this and I hope you give Moon Beings a try because Melanie is truly amazing, and very educational! Hope to with Moon Beings further, and hopefully give you guys, my audience, some more content as well!
Pris Wong xo
Other Sources Used: